Far Horizons RV Resort (Cal-Am)
I was sooo excited to find out that Cal-Am had purchased and re-vamped an RV Park in Tucson. Tucson is our stopping place to visit our son Jesse and our grandson Jayden and to get medical and dental work done. It’s in a great location, close to our favorite businesses as well!
Far Horizons is smaller than most of the Cal-Am Resorts but still offers Happy Hour (with FREE wine and beer), various classes, including line dancing, workouts, jewelry making and more! They have a very nice ballroom, a decent fitness room, billiards and rooms for card games and Bingo. The pool area is lovely, with flowers, firepits and lounge seating and the hot tub is interesting as it has a shallow and a deep end.
There was a lot of grumbling from the long time residents but I don’t know what it was all about. The electricity was upgraded and more pickleball courts were added. There’s also a great 20-30 mile bicycle trail just outside the gate and a separate gated trail for dog walks.
Some of the longer sites have “Patios” built in with cement table and stools. I didn’t care for those although they look cute because they actually reduced the area of the patio.
Here are some great businesses to check out while you’re in Tucson:
1. Road House Cinemas – Watch a movie while reclining and the food and drink are delivered right to you recliner!
2. Serial Grillers Pizza – Amazing pizzas and, for dessert, pick your favorite ice cream to put between two cookies of your choice!
3. Difinitive Massage – DinaMarie is amazing and she’ll even walk on your back if you want!
4. Rigos Mexican Buffet & Restaurant – 2527 S 4th Ave, Tucson, AZ 85713
5. Bark Avenue Dog Grooming – friendly, experienced staff. We were very happy with Nicky’s groomings.
I thought I’d taken a bunch of pictures of Far Horizons but I guess I forgot. The ones below are of the pool and the band from the Halloween party. I’ll be sure to update this page next winter when we go back. For now, here’s what I have…
Terry & Melanee
See you on the road….